The wonderful location of Nuweiba, a coastal town in the eastern part of Sinai Peninsula of Egypt, hosts
Habiba Organic Farm, in a Bedouin settlement, some 150 km north of Sharm el Sheikh.
That will be the place where a learning center will rise! The present workshop aim to share the natural building technics in a practical way, building a learning center for kids and for permaculture education!!
Alternative farming and building techniques will be propose to the Bedouin community thus they can get benefit from their land too!!!
This change passes through education and exchange and sharing of knowledges.
That’s why the idea of a learning center pops up!!
The main scopes are to:
• Support the primary education in the local community
• Provide a reference point for agriculture and permaculture education
• Promote the permaculture, and sustainable living techniques and practices
The design of the building integrates traditional knowledge with modern innovations with results in of exceptional low budget and high thermal performance, health and comfort.
The program will cover techniques about straw bale building, straw-clay walls, rammed earth building, dry stone walls, earth plasters and natural and non-toxic finishes.
You’ll receive instruction and hands-on experience:
• Preparing the site and tools
• Design with different building concepts
• Straw bale building
• Stone walls and rammed earth construction
• Plastering and Finishing
Nuweiba`, Janub Sina', Egypt
The workshop is organized by ECOntACT and HABIBA farm.
The workshop is foreseen on 1 - 7 January 2015.
The participation fee is 380€ et includes:
- 7 day workshop: lessons, materials, instruments
- Food and accommodation during the workshop
- desert trip in a Bedouin camp with Camels
Accommodation will be with basic comfort, in a Bedouin camp
The fly and transports to the farm are your responsibility, but we give assistance to organize everything!!